DISEASE MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
According to the disease Management Association of America, there are six components of a successful disease management program.
Identification of individuals who will benefit from this program. – This can be done by evaluating health-care expenditures and usage.
- Employing Evidence – based practice guidelines to ensure consistency in treatment.
- Utilizing a multidisciplinary team of providers, that would include physicians, nurses, pharmacists, dieticians, and Mental health providers to name a few to assist clients to manage their health care needs.
- Providing education to clients to assist them to manage and control their condition and have better outcomes, thus providing cost savings by reducing unnecessary hospital and ER visits.
- Outcome measurement to evaluate the impact of the program
- Feedback and reporting from providers and health plans to assure that the disease management programs are meeting the needs of the target population.
People with chronic illness generally use more health care services, including physician office visits, hospital/ emergency room care and medications. Chronic disease are conditions that are usually incurable, but manageable. Although often not immediately life-threatening, they place substantial burdens on the health, economic status, and quality of life individuals, families, and communities. Adding to this, is the fact that people are living longer and have increased and more complex heath care needs.
Disease Management is an approach that aims to provide better care for patients by controlling and preventing disease, thus reducing costs.
Our Disease Management program will assist you to identify target populations, utilize evidence-based practice guideline. Utilizing claims data analysis, we will identify clients who may benefit from education and management of the following chronic conditions:
- HIV/ AIDS
At Ensure Nursing Services, we are committed to the needs to our clients. Our disease management program is designed to improve health outcomes for our clients, while reducing unnecessary utilization/ duplication of medical resources. We implement interventions and communications for populations with conditions in which there is an identified need established to assist patients to maintain health.